1. General Statement
Independent Insurance Services is a professional and environmentally conscious company operating in the insurance sector which acknowledges the impact that our operations may potentially have on the environment.
2. Aims and Objectives
The organisation fully commits to:
- protect the environment
- determine legal compliance obligations and ensure operations are completed in accordance with them
- continually improve the environmental management system to enhance environmental performance through objectives and targets, and quality during Management Review
- evaluate fulfilment of legal and other compliance obligations
- implement and maintain an environmental management system that is in compliance with ISO 14001:2015
- correct non-conformities in a timely manner
- allocate suitable resources which enable the company to achieve its environmental aims and objectives
- prevent pollution, reduce waste and ensure that, wherever practical, measures are implemented to protect and preserve natural habitats, flora and fauna
- consider the effects that our operations may have on the local community
- take action to eliminate or reduce, as far as practicable, any adverse environmental impacts identified in aspects register
- promote environmental awareness amongst our suppliers, contractors and partners by the implementation of operational processes and procedures
- complete internal audits and following a path of continual improvement
- ensure that the proprietor and management are fully engaged in the management of environmental issues
- seek to work in partnership with the community by behaving in a considerate and socially responsible manner and providing environmental service benefits to our clients via “Insuregreen”
- ensure effective and expedient incident control, investigation and reporting
- assess and, where practicable to do so, reduce the environmental impact of the company’s products and services.
The proprietor, management and supervisory staff have responsibilities for the implementation of the policy and must ensure that environmental issues are given adequate consideration in the planning and day-to-day supervision of all work. All employees and contractors where employed are expected to co-operate and assist in the implementation of this policy, whilst ensuring that their own work, so far as reasonably practicable, is carried out without risk to themselves, others or the environment. This includes co-operating with management on any environment-related matter. The proprietor has overall responsibility and accountability for environmental matters.